Greens are very healthy for all of us to include in our diets. They contain folate and calcium, which is beneficial for us vegans who do not eat dairy products. Greens contain other important nutrients which protect against cognitive decline, support bone health, and prevent age-related eye problems.
Leafy greens like kale, escarole,and collard greens make tasty additions to all kinds of dishes, including salads, soups, and stir- fries. For of you who want to get adventurous, or just love eating greens, just follow the recipe I’ve listed below.
1 box of whole wheat pasta
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tub of extra firm tofu, rinsed and cut into cubes
3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
One bunch of fresh kale leaves, rinsed and chopped
1/3 cup of water
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. prepare pasta by following the directions on the back of the box.
2. In a large frying pan heat 3 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and add the cubed tofu. Saute for 10 minutes. Stir the tofu frequently to prevent sticking.
3. add the minced garlic and continue to saute for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Add all the rest of the ingredients and cover. continue stirring occasionally. Cook the kale for 20 minutes or until it’s soft.
5. When all is finished serve the sauteed kale and tofu over wheat pasta.
For added flavor you can add crushed red pepper flakes, an extra squeeze of lemon, and grated cheese to each dish before serving. This is truly one of the healthiest dinners you will eat if you decide to try it.
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Tofu and Kale | Life is a Palindrome
- Easy Vegan Pasta Recipes: Become an Italian Goddess